Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade of Lights Cruises Schedules: December 13 -17th, 2017
Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade - Our 68th year - Thank you.
The 5:25pm tour: The boat heads out to the parade traditional staging area in Newport Harbor. The parade boats usually organized in a line by 6. Along the way we point out some of our favorites as we negotiate all the decorated boats to show you the themed homes of the upper bay. Our traditional "Ring of Lights" decorated homes part of the tour. Our boat will mill about with the contestants as the parade forms, taking the opportunity to seek out and display last years winners and this years contenders. After 64 Newport Harbor Boat Parades we do know where the viewing is and can offer a knowledgeable narration. Once the Parade forms we will ride along with it spending as much time as allows, then back to our docks, ensuring our guests a viewing of all the contestants in the Newport Boat Parade and many of the homes participating in the Festival of Lights. 7:00 PM sharp return.
The 7:30pm cruise - The Late show, a quick turn around after the first tour, a warm cup of coffee and a deep breath, this years Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade of Lights going by our docks as we finish our break. Soon the parade will be turned around and headed back this way on the other side of the channel. Once we depart we will mosey over there and fall with in the parade for a while. Once in with the contestants, we explore all of the boats close up. After a good look and many photo ops from all sides we drift away for some solo exploration of the Newport Harbor and its decorated homes and yachts. We take our time returning to the docks sometime after 9:00 P.M.
- 2017 Rates : $29.00 for adults, $24.00 seniors, children 11 and under $10.00.
- We use only purpose built U.S.Coast Guard annually inspected and certified PASSENGER vessels (link opens in new window)
- We Charter our vessels during the Newport Beach Harbor Boat Parade
- Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade Charters - Group Discounts (949) 673-0240
- Group and charter rates available call the office for your discount codes for groups of 20 or more
- Free online map: Frankos Newport Beach Boat Parade map and schedule. Buy your Franko's maps here.
- Yes we leave on time ... your humble editor can not over emphasize our guests allowing enough time (hours) for parking
- Yes, the Newport boat Parade is worth the parking hassle, get here early and have dinner at Rubies Streamliner being one option.
Not so fine print:
The Fun Zone Boat Company "Parade of Lights" Tours leave our docks at the Fun Zone Balboa, 25 minutes after the hour. To insure our guests receive the promised viewing time the boats will leave on time. We suggest you allow for anticipated parking and traffic congestion. Please plan to check in with your Captain and be ready to board at least 15 minutes prior to departure. If you miss the boat, we will not be able to issue refunds or honor passes as most tours sell out during the Newport Beach Bay Boat Parade. We will however exchange for passes on our daily tour of equal value if the boat needs to depart without you.